1. Calming stillness and quiet that comes with a fresh coating of snow.
2. Beautiful winter sunsets (and sunrises)!
3. Crunching of snow under my boots.
4. Sledding and tubing.
5. A great bowl of hot soup (Vietnamese Pho is one of my absolute favorites in the winter!) after a long walk around Lake Calhoun.
7. Spending all day making an intricate new recipe for dinner, and not feeling guilty about being indoors that long!
8. Using the cold as a great excuse to stay inside and have a relaxing game night with good friends.
9. Curling up with a cozy blanket, good book, and hot cup of tea while watching the snow fall outside my window.
10. A growing inspiration to learn how to cross-country ski after watching everyone skiing by me at the Loppett.
11. Getting to wear great boots and fun sweaters- winter clothes are the prettiest ones in my closet!
12. Watching all of the fun out on the lakes: ice fishing, pick-up hockey games, figure skating, and even skiing with the help of kites.
13. Going to explore the amazingly beautiful ice caves on Lake Superior!
Whatever your hobbies and interests are, there are always lots of options for things to do and see here in the Twin Cities. If we can stay focused on the little things that make us happy, and try a little harder to be present and go with the flow- we just might surprise ourselves and have a little more fun this winter!