1. Acupuncture is great for pregnancy. In the first trimester of pregnancy, many women turn to acupuncture when they are looking for a non-medicated way to treat what ails them. The number one reason women seek acupuncture in their first trimester of pregnancy is morning sickness. It's also a great support for during the postpartum period when the body is healing and adjusting to this new life with the baby.
2. Acupuncture can help alleviate stress and anxiety. Moms have to deal with a lot of stuff, so what's better than getting some stress-reduction this mother’s day? There are many acupuncture points on the body to calm the mind and bring us down from our feelings of overwhelm and anxiousness. Send your mom to an acupuncturist so she can reap the benefits of calming stress relief.
4. Acupuncture can be very beneficial for those experiencing arthritis. There are different types of arthritis and different treatment plans which include acupuncture, herbs, changes in diet, and exercise. Traditional Chinese Medicine just might be able to help you move better and find relief.
5. Kiss headaches goodbye. Acupuncture can be great for treating migraines. It can help prevent them from happening too. It is possible to stop a migraine in its tracks if one is able to see an acupuncturist during the acute stage of migraine.
6. Acupuncture can alleviate insomnia. We all know that moms have to put up with so much throughout the day. Being overworked and overstressed may cause them to develop insomnia. Acupuncture needles are strategically placed on points that will calm the mind, balance hormones and settle the nervous system. Most people will notice some change after just one treatment, but to get the full effect and truly eliminate insomnia, you should commit to several treatments.
7. It improves digestive function. There are numerous acupuncture points on the body that can help with digestion, whether it's an upset stomach or bowel troubles. Two of the best are located on the stomach energetic meridian, Stomach 25 and Stomach 36.